Sunday, November 26, 2006

Our Old Songs

Today I listen to our songs. Not old songs but songs which we used to sing together.
Songs which used to really touch my heart.

Are these songs still being played in my heart? Am I driven by the vision stated in these songs?
I don't know. Frankly speaking, I can not answer certainly as I used. I am even afraid
that I will not listen it that much in the future. So sad to say that.

I have been overwhelmed with a lot of imagination, dream, ambitions which are totally different
with I used to have. It would not be such a realistic dream for me to pursue all of these things
up to this level nor I even dared to think about it. I had just been amazed with those who achieved such level
and I admired them so much.

I remember that I was really happy to be with you all guys. Singing our songs together, chatting and praying.
Where are they now? Do not ask me. I have been away. No one watch me here.
I should take this consequence myself.

No no no....The songs remind me again. Why have I listened to this again. Can I come back to our old place? A place where we used to call it Jerusalem.
Hey, I am now at the corner of the Earth. Didn't we use to say "go to the end of the Earth"?
Now I am here. Some of use are also on the other corners. I don't know what and how are they doing there.

No no no. Why all your voices are so clear in your singing?
I miss it all know. I miss our place. I miss our community. I miss you guys.
That we used to say that only prayer could bridge us and make us one.
But it is truly difficult. To be away from you make me singing the songs alone. The voice is becoming so slow even I can't here it. I am sure that i have not followed our vision.

Today the songs are here. I increase the volume of my player. Your voices are so clear. But I have almost forgotten the songs. Not the lyrics nor the melody. But the songs in my heart are almost gone.
But since I listen once again to these songs, I recognice your songs. I can imagine your faces.
As if that you're singing in the front at our rally time.

Now I slowly remember the songs. "Let's heed the call let's kneel and pray for this faithful man today". That we can still hand in hand to pray each other as we used to.

Please pray that I will again remember the songs and get the vision.

@oubaku

No comments: