Thursday, November 09, 2006

Look 4 Kyoto Club


Last sunday I paid a visit to Look 4 Kyoto Club. This club, initiated by Japanese, is intended to invite foreigners to explore Kyoto City. Therefore mainly the activity is about tourism. I do not know if they have their official website.

They were really happy to meet me at first time when I arrived at Kyoto Station. I thought there would be many foreigners come to join. In fact it was only me! Hahaha, for me it was a bit funny, because with so many volunteers of Japanese from this club, it was only me as their guest.

That day we had two activities. We first visit the disaster prevention center of Kyoto City. There we experienced some simulations of disaster. This center really provides good facilities to experience how real disasters might happen. I had never felt a real earthquake before. But during the simulation I experienced a simulation of earthquake up to 7 in Japanese scale. It was nearly like Kobe earthquake. To admit, I was scared :(. We also experienced a simulation of typhoon with 32 m/s. And last simulation was "being trapped" in a burnt building.

Afternoon time we went to Otabe factory. Otabe is a traditional sweet in Kyoto. They said people bring Otabe as a special gift in Kyoto. And I learned how to make Otabe myself. Hehehe, cool! I think it was a good end after having been scared by those "disasters". Thanks Look 4 Kyoto. I hope to join next time!

@Oubaku

No comments: