Saturday, October 28, 2006

Wakarimasen --> Wakarimashita

I many times use word wakarimasen. Why? Wakarimasen means I don`t understand. Of course this does not mean that I face a lot of problems here. However it is true that I still can not communicate and read japanese properly. Even as a basic requirement that one needs to.
Wakarimashita on the other hand means I understand. Even normally one says here Haik, Wakarimashita!

This evening I was on the way coming home. Trying to locate the price of train to Oubaku, a city I live, I could not find one because it is written in Kanji. It is a bit strange because normally they put also word in Romaji to help someone who can not read Kanji. When I was trying to locate the city`s name in Kanji, there was a madam and her son. Then I was saying to her, Oubaku desu and also with my hands trying to describe that I wanted to go to there. I said wakarimasen, trying to say I could not locate it. Hohoho, It was helpful and she pointed to the Kanji and finally I got the price of train to go to Oubaku.

Anyway, wakarimasen was useful to help me. I hope soon I would not use wakarimasen so often as I have used. Instead, I dream to use wakarimashita more often. Hopefully! Ganbatte ne!

@Oubaku

No comments: